Chicken Fajitas!!!August 25, 2008 at 10:39 pm | Posted in Dinner | 1 Comment
Friday night was spent in lovely Alexandria, VA and it was spent making Fajitas! The fact that this is the first time I have made such a lovely feast is quite shocking! Thanks to Erica for the idea!
The rub came from an old xmas present (which has been sitting in my kitchen for 2 freaking years! and was quite lumpy…hahah) and complemented the chicken and assorted fajita ingredients very nicely! I sautéed red and yellow peppers and some onions, added tomatoes, four cheese, sour cream and cholula (for extra palate excitement!).
4 thin skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
2 tomatoes, diced
3/4 cup “four” cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small onion, diced
6 flour tortillas
2 tbsp “special packaged” rub
2 tbsp evoo
1) Rub chicken breasts with rub and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
2) Add evoo and sauté peppers over low heat until soft and slightly browned (30 minutes?), add onions halfway through and cook until translucent.
3) Heat up more evoo over medium heat and cook chicken (~4 minutes each side).
4) Remove chicken from heat and let rest for a few minutes, cut into strips.
5) Heat up each tortilla in a nonstick pan for ~30 seconds over medium high heat.
6) Onto each tortilla, add 3 or 4 strips of chicken, 3 or 4 peppers, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, and a dash of cholula! Enjoy!