Chicken, Arugula & Cherry Tomatoes + Lemon Wine SauceMay 8, 2008 at 10:38 am | Posted in Dinner | Leave a comment
Last night’s dinner was a conglomeration of leftover ingredients and my chicken piccata addiction!
yay for thirty minute meals…after a 7 mile run! woot!
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup cherry tomatoes
big handful arugula
1 cup white wine
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 lb vermicelli
1/4 cup lemon juice
s&p, evoo & butter
1) Dry breasts and season liberally with salt and pepper. Heat up 2 count olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in oven proof pan over medium-high heat and cook garlic for 1 minute. Heat up oven to 375 degrees.
2) Heat up pot of water (salted with splash evoo) for pasta.
3) Saute breasts for 4 minutes on each side. Add cherry tomatoes to pot with extra splash of olive oil and s&p.
4) Once chicken is browned on both sides, stick the pan into the oven for 10 minutes.
5) Once chicken is done, remove all items from pot, place on burner and heat to med-high. Add wine and scrape the yum-yums (emeril terminology…) from the bottom of the pan. Add lemon juice, s&p and reduce by half. Lastly once off heat, add tbsp butter and mix well.
6) Cook pasta for 3 minutes, drain and mix in arugula.
7) Plate a portion of pasta and arugula, top with chicken breast and tomatoes, then drizzle sauce, and enjoy!